Tell me your story!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Used Farm Equipment Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Karen Graziano on March 24, 2001 at 13:35:30:

First let me apologize that this posting is not about farm equipment, but I am having a hard time finding active message boards for farmers so I thought I would take a chance on this one. I would like to interview farmers for a possible magazine article about reinventing your farm. I am particularly looking for farm families who had reinventing "forced" upon them by retirement, sudden debilitating accident or illness, death in the family, or natural disaster, but would like to hear about reinventing for any reason. I would like to know how you coped and what you did to change or add to your farm to keep it productive and generating income. Some examples of reinventing I have heard about include adding a new/different crop (like specialty cut flowers or greenhouse crops); switching from dairy to beef cattle and pigs and marketing the meat to local residents; and adding a cornfield maze or other public attraction for which fee can be charged. What did you do? Interviews can be done by e-mail, snail mail or phone (or in person if you're not too far from Upstate NY). Please reply privately to ggraziano@clarityconnect.com. Thank you!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Used Farm Equipment Message Board ]