Re: AC G

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Used Farm Equipment Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark on December 02, 2002 at 22:10:32:

In Reply to: AC G posted by Rocky Stewart on October 05, 2002 at 22:15:27:

Rocky, you didn't leave an email address so I don't know if you will get this. I had the same problem you have. I had an old tank that was a little rusted and was looking for a new one. I enrolled the use of the Allis Chalmers discussion boards, visited EVERY antique tractor dealer, used parts dealer and it took a while to get all the answers. Your best place to get good used parts is Walts Tractor but you won't find a gas tank out there. Your only hope at finding a gas tank is to find someone parting one out and get there first. They remanufacture EVERY part for the G except gas tanks because nobody wants the liability for making them. It turns out my tank was salvagable using a product sold by motorcycle dealers that eats the rust out of the inside of the tank and then you pour the second liquid inside and it forms a good interior to the tank. Several folks have tried this and they said it has worked for them for years. So if you have one that doesn't have too many holes you may be able to salvage it. If all else fails, Norm from Norm's Tractor has a homemade one for sale and he says once you get it on you would never know the difference but just know that the cost is about $250. That was a little much for me so I decided to try to salvage the one I have first. Hope you get this and hope it helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Used Farm Equipment Message Board ]