if you have a valve on your spliter, you could use what is called power beyond if you would call a dealer or salvage yard they would help you.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Used Farm Equipment Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by doug on November 19, 2002 at 20:50:52:

In Reply to: Plumbing a log splitter cylinder to a JD4230 tractor posted by Lyle Hansen on November 15, 2002 at 06:06:10:

: I have a 4230 John Deere tractor that I would like to use as the power source to operate a log splitter. I believe the tractor has an open centered hydraulic system that puts out about 20 GPM & 2350psi. The tractor has a Deere 148 loader attached which are using the two selective control valves (scv). Question I have is: can I simply plug in the hoses for the log splitter to the tractor scv and use the lever on the side of that tractor scv as the control or do I need to install a spool valve between the tractor and 4" x 24" cylinder? I don't know if the tractor has any sort of relief valve mechanism and I don't want to damage anything (or me).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup





Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Used Farm Equipment Message Board ]